We all want the best possible future for our sons and daughters.
A Box Hill Institute education:
- provides your son or daughter with a qualification giving them a solid grounding to pursue their career path
- provides the opportunity to use their talents and develop skills, both for life and for work, which will be invaluable whatever career path they choose
- allows your son or daughter to reach their potential in a supportive and flexible learning environment
- is highly supported by industry and opens doors to work opportunities and lifelong learning
- can assist your son or daughter to increase their skills, build new networks and gain confidence in their abilities, thereby creating a stepping-stone to a degree.
Three times as many students are at Victorian TAFEs than at University. Box Hill Institute contributes significantly to training Victorians for employment and satisfies lifestyles through offering courses and training for career success.
Our teaching is industry orientated
Our courses are developed with industry and therefore have a specific career outcome in mind.
Many of our courses have a practical placement or work experience component. Your son or daughter will gain insight into the particular industry while they complete their course. In some cases this leads to part time or full time employment with that company.
The average class size is 20 to 30 students allowing for close interaction between students and teachers.
Box Hill Institute is a stepping stone to a degree
Your son or daughter can use their Box Hill Institute qualification to gain credits towards a degree in the same area of study at the institute or at a partner university.
Box Hill Institute offers internationally recognised vocational degrees in seven areas:
- Information Technology
- Music Business
Box Hill Institute makes finding work simple
Many students find employment as a result of a practical placement during their course, while others do when an employer contacts the Institute seeking one of our students. In addition, the Box Hill Institute Employment Service is free for students.
Your son or daughter can seek help with resume writing, application letters and interview skills. There is also a job-matching database that links employers with suitable students.
You can assist your son or daughter make informed choices about the benefit of a Box Hill Institute education.
Parent information nights run twice a year to keep parents informed about course offerings and the advantages of a TAFE education.
Box Hill Institute has changed a lot in the past decade and now offers more comprehensive options for prospective students of all ages and abilities. Box Hill Institute offers qualifications from Certificates to Degrees in high demand industries and is a quality alternative to studying at university.