Student Support Services
Apart from delivering free services and programs to help students succeed with study and enjoying their time at Box Hill Institute, the Centre for Student Support Services coordinates the delivery of the VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning) programs across all of the centres within the Institute.
Box Hill Institute has many real businesses (ie Fountains Restaurant, Pets on Elgar) for training purposes that also serve the general public. These businesses are operated as commercial enterprises by Box Hill Institute students under the close supervision of teaching staff.
Several of our training workplaces have been developed through unique training partnerships with international organisations such as Interflora (Flowers on Elgar) and Aveda (Aveda Salon on Elgar). They provide our students with practical, hands-on work experience in a real-world setting whilst providing the local community with a range of great value services.
Why do VCAL at Box Hill Institute?
- A wide range of VCAL programs at both intermediate and senior levels,
- specialised programs developed to fast-track you into industry
- senior VCAL students can create their own course
- dedicated support services to assist your needs
- central location with transport hub extensively serviced by trains, buses and trams
- courses are compiled to directly feed you into the extensive array of courses offered at Box Hill Institute
- all VCAL courses include studies in literacy, numeracy, personal skills relevant to work and life, community service and practical work-related experience
- intermediate students start their VCAL year by participating in an overnight orientation camp which focuses on developing their life skills, VCAL networks, and sense of belonging.