Industry Education and Training
Courses delivered by this teaching centre
Click on the link below to view a full list of courses delivered by this centre.
What do we do?
Box Hill Institute’s Centre for Industry Education and Training conducts a broad range of courses – Certificates, Diplomas and Advance Diplomas in:
- Audit and Compliance Training
- Extractive Industries – Surface Mining Operations
- Frontline Management
- Government (Investigation)
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Off Campus Learning
- Project Management
- Property Services (Real Estate)
- Training and Assessment
The Centre for Industry Education and Training is a specialist training and consultancy unit which provides instructional design services and tailored training solutions to a wide range of organisations and Industries. The Centre also offers a range of management focused short courses which may provide credits to certificates or diplomas.
Why study with us?
The Centre for Industry Education and Training is a large and leading Teaching Centre within Box Hill Institute. The Centre encompasses a wide range of training offers from Certificate II in Adult Education to the Advanced Diploma in Surface Mining Management. The Centre is supported by an Australian Apprenticeship Centre – Jobs Plus which enables us to support our students and clients in Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
One of the major advantages of studying with the Centre for Industry Education and Training is that you develop the skills and knowledge required by organisations of all sorts, whether they trade shares in Hong Kong, raise funds for charity in Melbourne, or mine in the outback.
Courses within the disciplines we offer are ideal if you are looking to sharpen existing knowledge, upgrade your skill set, move into a more senior position or establish your own business. Our programs are designed to also recognise existing skills and knowledge which provides a platform to fast-track you through the nationally recognised qualification.
Specific units within the centre include:
- The Teacher Education Unit - provides flexible and innovative teacher training programs including the new TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, the Diploma in Training and Assessment and the Diploma in Vocational Education and Training Practice.
- The Extractive Operations Unit - delivers Certificate II in Surface Mining operations through to the Advanced Diploma. The programs are delivered around Australia and are designed to be flexible and meet the business and training needs of participating organisations and participants.
- The Off Campus Learning Unit - provides a wide range of programs via the distance education mode of learning.
The centre works closely with its industry partners and advisors which provides organisations and students with flexible and up to date training programs designed to address identified current requirements while delivering a nationally recognised qualification
The teaching staff and consultants in the Centre are industry experts with in-depth and current knowledge and experience in their teaching areas, we tailor our programs to meet the stated needs of our students and industry clients. Our training and teaching approaches are flexible and supportive ensuring our graduates are work ready and/or can progress to further study with partnering universities
Scholarships and Awards
Industry Education and Training students have the opportunity to apply for several Institute-wide scholarships and awards.