Automotive, Transport and Engineering
Box Hill Institute's Centre for Automotive, Transport and Engineering is highly regarded by local industry and statutory bodies as a leader in the field of training. The centre delivers quality training across a range of industry areas, including:
- automotive retail, service and repair
- civil engineering
- manufacturing and engineering
- mechanical engineering
- transport, logistics and warehousing.
Courses range from Certificate I through to Advanced Diploma. Training can be delivered at the Institute or ‘in house’ – we can come to you!
Our clients vary from individuals and small business operators to major national and international corporations. We cover all industry training requirements; everything from skills training needs analysis to course design and delivery, both nationally and internationally.
We use the latest learning technology and equipment, including:
- computerised chassis dynamometer and engine analyser
- computerised brake and deceleration test equipment
- electro-mechanical automotive transmission test rig
- manufacturing systems
- unigraphics Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- solid and auto CAD software
- CNC machine centres.
Our Centre Staff are highly qualified professionals who design and deliver training to our students. Our training consultants are committed to delivering services in many parts of the world, including contributions to industry at international forums and consultancy to international operations.
Scholarships and Awards
Automotive, Transport and Engineering students have the opportunity to apply for several scholarships and awards specific to the Centre as well as Institute-wide scholarships.