Skills for Growth program
The free program provides employers with an independent specialist to work with you and your staff to review staff skills, plan for your business future and identify training opportunities for your employees.
Box Hill Institute is one of the registered training providers delivering this service on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Our business consultants will:
- identify your business’s strategic priorities and direction
- assess the current workforce skill and training needs of your employees
- provide a clear and tailored training plan for your staff
- help place employees in training (which may be subsidised by the Government).
How does it work?
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will need to submit an online registration form.
- Once registered you will be assigned a specialist (such as a Box Hill Institute consultant) who will contact you to arrange an onsite visit.
- The specialist will identify the strategic direction of your organisation and assess the training and skill needs for your employees.
- The specialist will complete a workforce training plan and action plan to identify business and individual skill needs. Training solutions are documented, including referrals to relevant training programs and learning opportunities.
- Service providers and specialists organise accredited training for staff.
You will need to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- employ between one and 199 employees
- your business will need to be Victorian-based
- you will need to have been operating for at least 12 months
- you will need to be financially viable (a business that has an effective trading history and one that anticipates being able to meet its debts as and when they fall due).
Your business can take part in the program at no cost.
For more information about Skills for Growth, call Business Victoria on 13 2215.